Susi Harris FdA, PG Dip.
Qualified Humanistic Integrative Counsellor for Adults (FdA)
Qualified Counsellor for Children and Adolescents (PG Dip.)
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (PG Dip.)
Insured for your security I hold a DBS Certificate (Disclosure & Barring).
Counselling with Me
Alongside my current Private Practice work, including my Life Therapy Centre in Swansea, my experience includes working with Counselling Service Clients referred through GPs via Primary Health Care Services and as a School-Based Counsellor with young people between 11-18yrs, as well as working as a Bereavement Counsellor via the NHS Bereavement Service.
An example of the therapy issues I commonly work with include stress, anxiety, depression, confidence and self-esteem, anger control, phobias, panic, addiction, styles of relating/relationships, family issues, abuse, trauma, life events, or crisis including loss or bereavement.
Phone Susi Harris / WhatsApp message on 07496 864 388 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees £40.00 for In-Person Private Session/Phone/Online Counselling Sessions
My Counselling Training and Counselling Approach
I trained as a Humanistic Integrative Counsellor via the BACP Accredited Course via University of Wales Trinity Saint David based at Coleg Sir Gar. It has provided me with counselling skills, knowledge and practice plus a comprehensive range of suitable interventions and resources to meet the individual needs of clients for the best possible counselling experience and most effective outcome.
My Ethos for a successful Counselling relationship is one built on mutual honesty, trust and respect.
Some therapy issues and your personal preferences will influence our particular way of working, for example, if your need is to solve a problem this may benefit from Solution Focused Therapy work. Some other key interventions I work with stem from Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Emotional Focused Therapy (EFT), Mindfulness, Human Givens Psychotherapy or Emotion Focused Therapy/Gestalt Therapy, underpinned with Person Centred Approach core to our therapeutic relationship, your personal therapy needs and wishes.
Rewind Technique may be suitable for working with phobias, unwanted memories, as well as trauma conditions, and Transactional Analysis is particularly helpful and powerful for exploring relationships and personality.
My training has included counselling within the NHS Bereavement Service, Loss and Bereavement is dear to my heart and is work of special interest. Working as a School-Based Counsellor as well as working with GP referred clients with Carmarthenshire Counselling Service.
I regularly attend Continuing Professional Development workshops (CPDs) and training in person and online. Certificates include Diploma level in (CBT) Cognitive Behaviour Therapy with ongoing studies. I regularly attend Clinical Supervision, as required by BACP Ethical Framework and Guidelines for Counselling Practice.
Qualifications, Training and Commitment to Professional Development
My Professional development and training is ongoing with attendance of regular supervision as well as regular training courses to assess and develop my practice and skills.
- BACP Accredited Found. Degree FdA (Distinction) 3YR Humanistic Integrative Counselling, Trinity St David University of Wales
- BTEC/EDEXCEL Intermediate Award Counselling Level 2, Trinity St David University of Wales
- OA Diploma Distinction, Counselling Children and Adolescents, Online Acad Reg No. 0A29976
- TA 101 Certificate, Institute of Transactional Analysis (TA)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Anxiety and Depression, Swansea University Accredited
- OA Diploma Distinction, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Online Acad Reg No. OA29976
- Child and Adolescent Learning Course, Dept of Health/BACP MindEd (current)
- ILM (City & Guilds) Diploma Hypnotherapy Practitioner Certificate & IAHT (International Association of Holistic Therapists) Hypnotherapy Centre of Excellence (current)
Further Training and Professional Development
- Bereavement Counselling Training and Practice, NHS Bereavement Service, 1 YEAR
- Rewind Technique training for the Visual Kinaesthetic Dissociation for the Neutralisation of Traumatic Memories. Psychological treatment, Human Givens Psychotherapy Institute
- Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Keeping them Safe - Protecting Children from Child Sexual Exploitation V2
- Mental Health First AID, Public Health Wales
- Child Psychology, Swansea University
- Gestalt Therapy, Swansea University
- Trauma Therapy, Swansea University
- OCD & Phobia Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), CBT Specialist Trainer
- Teaching Confidence and Assertiveness, PJG Consultant Psychologists
- Rape Crisis and Sexual Abuse Support, New Pathways
- Psychosexual Therapy Training
- Emotion Focused Therapy, Swansea Metropolitan University Trainer
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Storytelling & Metaphors in Counselling
- Education based Emotional Literacy Conference Training
- Suicide Intervention Training
- Introduction to Personality Disorders
- Transactional Analysis and Relationships
- Domestic & Sexual Abuse
- Autistic Aware Certificate
- Treating Intrusive Thoughts and the Inner Critical Voice, NCS Accred
- Internal Family Systems
- Transactional Analysis J.M.
- Online Counselling - The Open University
- Relational Depth M.C.
- Safeguarding & Managing Risk Through Digital Medial - Practitioners
- Measurement in Therapy J.M.C.
~ Thank you for visiting my website - I hope that I may have the privilege of meeting you ~
Phone Susi Harris / WhatsApp message on 07496 864 388 /email@example.com
Fees £45.00 for In-Person Private Session/Phone/Online Counselling Sessions
If you are in crisis and need urgent support or are experiencing suicidal thoughts please contact your GP (day or out of hours line) who is there to support you and who will be able to provide suitable help, as will your Hospital emergency department. MIND - Mental Health Helpline charity has a 24-hour helpline: 0300 123 3393 or talk to The Samaritans with urgent or non-urgent support at any time FREE on @92
Home Page - Contact Details - Email Me - Session Fees, Questions & Booking
Arrange a Free Phone Consultation - Carmarthenshire Practice Location Maps in Swansea, Ammanford - Life Therapy Centre Swansea - Helplines